These days are stressful but also dreadfully boring so I gathered some inspiration for things to do when the only other option is to literally sit and stare at the wall. Hopefully this list will help you feel less bored. Let’s go!
1. Take a walk: be aware of current restrictions for your country and if you do go out remember to practise social distancing!
3. Learn a new cool trick e.g. a handstand
4. DIY project
5. Bake or cook
6. Find or create a new recipe
7. Experiment with new makeup looks
8. Paint your nails: or do nailart
9. Instagram storie: learn creative ways to edit your stories to make them prettier and more fun
10. Create a TikTok account and jump on the challenge train (and if you do be sure to follow me @nilymagic)
11. Learn a new language or brush up on a language you’re still not fluent in
12. Learn to play an instrument: or brush up on your existing skills
13. Take an online course
14. Watch a film or series: use Netflix’s new party feature for more fun
15. Watch Youtube: game play, makeup and/or hair tutorials
16. Listen to music: find new artists
17. Re-organise your Spotify playlist: or create new ones
18. Spa day at home: facemask, bathbomb, relaxing bath etc.
19. Play video games: alone, online with friends,
20. Play board games: with your family
21. Play board games with your friends: use Facetime or WhatsApp
22. Do a puzzle
23. Draw, colour or paint
24. Call a friend or family member
25. Do crosswords or sudoku
26. Read a book
27. Discover new books through (free) online libraries
28. Listen to an audiobook
29. Listen to a podcast: discover new podcasts
30. Take a quiz: or make your own (click here for a magical quiz)
31. Travel: via Google Maps or Google Earth
32. Download the Sky Map app: find planets, constellations and more in the night sky
33. Dance: like no-one’s watching or learn some new dance moves
34. Delve into photography: take pictures of yourself, others or your surroundings
35. Go on a home date: take time cooking a meal, light some candles to create a cozy atmosphere, cuddle up with blankets, hot cocoa and enjoy your partner. If you have kids you can do an at home cinema night with popcorn.
36. Clean out your makeup drawer: toss expired products, clean your brushes and re-organise.
37. Clean the house
38. Do laundry
39. Re-organise your closet
40. Grow an indoor garden: tend to flowers and plants
41. Start a blog
42. Write in a/your journal
43. Write a book: short story or fan fiction
44. Catch up on news: be aware of your mental health as it can take a toll on some people (and no it is not weakness!)
45. Organize your phone gallery: delete photos you don’t want to keep, do back-ups of photos you do
46. Create a treasure hunt: around the house or in the garden
47. Whip out pearl pegboards
48. Make a cozy cave: using chairs and blankets
49. Make a tea-party: or a pirate sword fight with stuffed animals
50. Make homework fun: by counting with fruit (or other), make a math-game or a spelling bee contest.
That’s it *insert cool outtro* That’s my way of saying that, as usual, I don’t know how to end blog posts in a smooth fashion. I have nothing left to say except that I hope you’re all as okay as any of us can be at the moment. Stay safe out there.
Pin for later!
How are you? Did the list help you with the boredom?